Wednesday, August 13, 2008

a poem about babywearing

INTO YOUR ARMS

Into your arms I was born
for you to hold me
to protect me
for you to nourish me
to love me.
I can smell your sweet scent
I can feel your movements
your heart beating
in tune with your gentle rocking

Sometimes its you I can feel mummy
sometimes its daddy
his deep voice soothing me
I can feel it vibrating in his chest
so close to him
in his arms

Into your arms I was born
for me to get to know you
and love you
for me to get to know the world
from the safe place I can always return to

9 months I spent in your calm warm womb
you let me grow in peace
until I decided to be born

Into your arms I was born
so I can continue to grow in calmness, warmth and peace
until I'm ready
to walk out of your arms
into the world

but always knowing
I can return

into your arms.

No comments: